Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Before and During Three Day Holidays

Oct.7
I used “Find Someone Who…” in the writing class. Students learn adjectives though this game. They have to find someone who is, for example, “scared.” I also had them write about their names.
Oct.8
While my elder daughter went out to play with her friends in the morning, my wife,younger daughter, and I went out for shopping. I spent the whole afternoon for putting tiny cards into envelopes so that we can sell them at our church bazaar. The bazaar will be held at the Holy Savior Church (Sukui-nushi kyokai)in Hodono, Akita City, on the twenty-third.
Oct. 9
Went to church in the morning. Relaxed in the afternoon.
Oct.10
Today is a national holiday. Few foreigners who are teaching English in Japan know that this day is Athletic Day. We celebrate this day as a rememberance of the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympic games that was held long time ago.
Visited my parents who are living a hundred kilometers away from Akita City. They grow vegetables so we always exchange their vegetables with something I purchase on the way to their house.

No comments: