Friday, August 10, 2007

The Theme is the "Theme"

Hello everyone,

How are you doing? I am in UH Student Center now to write this message. Shun-ichi, Yuki, and I have been attending the seminar this year. (Chihiro and Jae is also here. I think I will introduce them to this blog soon.)The overall theme is "theme" this year: CBI (Content-Based Instruction) is used as the main theme, and the essence of CBI is not only in its being the combination of subjects and English instruction but also of in its being a "theme" or topic. So the idea is not just a combination of nuts and bolts but an organic combination of instructional elements. Don't understand? Come back next year and you'll learn what it means. I am sure that you will have a life-changing experience in learning in UH. Those who did not come missed a big chance of getting a very, very interesting lectures of Terry, SuLing, and Alice. Hey, come back to Hawaii next year.

OK. Take care, everyone. Have a good summer holidays! Aloha!

Bobby

2 comments:

Shunichi-uh said...

Thank you, Bobby and Yuki and Jae and Chihiro. This year we worked on the integrated approach. I'm sure that this seminar is going to the right direction. I really enjoy the seminor and I am proud of being in it.

Shunichi

yogurt-yuki said...

Dear my friends,
Thank you for everything. I spent a great time with you. This year we learned the integrated skills and the "theme" of a unit.
As Shunichi said, I'm also proud of participating in it.
My school will begin soon.
Please take care and enjoy your teaching.

Yuki