Friday, March 11, 2011

earthquake

I hope those who are living near Tokyo are OK. It looks like the quake hit Kanto areas harder than my area. Phew... it was a big and long earthquake. It is still continuously shaking a little here in Akita. We didn't have any damages in my house, but we had no light and no heating over a night. Oh, we couldn't use our cellphone either. Our electric power comes from our closest heat power plant, so they resumed the work a few hours ago after an inspection. (That's why I am writing now.) But the other areas, especially those places that were hit hard, have atomic power plants, so they have no electricity and no water.

4 comments:

Miwako said...

Hello, Bobby and everyone.

I have been worrying since watching the news on "the earthquake". It was the most horrible one, which reminds me the Kobe’s in 1995 which I experienced. I am so glad to know that Bobby was all right and has his own “closest heat power plant”to manage his electricity. Bobby, you are great. I had to spend some months without gas, electricity and water at
that time of the Kobe's.

I hope other members in Kanto and Tohoku are all fine. I broke my heart watching the news.

Take care, everyone.

Miwako TANAKA @ Kyoto

Bobby said...

Thank you, my friends, for your warm encouragement. I really, really appreciate it.

Please take one moment and pray for those who are diseased.

And please send you donation to those who are immediately in need of money to buy food, milk, diaper, and such stuff. You can send your donation at Family Mart. I went to my local Family Mart yesterday. http://www.family.co.jp/famiport/donation/ (Explanation how to use FamiPort, a kind of ATM, written in Japanese.)

If you know other good method of sending donation, please share your info with the other English teachers here.

yogurt-yuki said...

Hello, everyone.

Thanks for your heartwarming comments, Bobby and Miwako.
The earthquake was terrible. Even in Chiba, that was big(M6). I escaped from the 4th floor then. I was so scared. Anyway, I'm ok.

I hope our friends living in Tohoku and Kanto are fine.
Take care.

Yuki

Miwako said...

Hello, Yuki, Bobby and everyone. I am so glad to know Yuki's ok. Take it easy. Think positively.

Now I worry about the nukes. Some foreigners are leaving Japan even from the Kansai area.