Saturday, September 10, 2005

Work, Manga, and Canoe

On the 8th, I went over to my office to do some work: I attended a meeting, had lunch, started reading new textbooks, took photocopies of some articles, and took notes. On the 9th, I was mainly re-reading my notebook that I wrote during this summer at UH, Manoa. I also re-read English version of Nausicaa (Kazeno Tanino Naushika). The Eglish translation of this work is fabulous. I guess everyone who is interested in spoken English should read lots manga and see lots of cartoons. English teachers, don't be afraid. Manga and cartoons are good resourses of learning as Krashen said.
On the 10th and 11th, I am going to an annual canoe trip to the Omono river with my family. I have a red canoe in my garage.
Readers, you can see some pictures in the following site: http://www.bigsmile.jp

No comments: